Friday, December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving at the Rosenfeld household

Thanksgiving was wonderful -- good food and good company. I've been absolutely swamped with graduate school applications, LSAT studying, D.C. preparations, and other work since then, so I haven't had a lot of time to cook. And I certainly haven't had a lot of energy to write, having spent most of it pumping out essay after essay.

I do, however, have pictures from last week. So let's have a Thanksgiving slideshow!

First, a few pictures of our table before the meal

I liked Mom's silver birdies and leaf decorations. Emily thought to add some cranberries -- good call.
Mom checks on the Turkey. Pro tip: grilling it wrapped with bacon makes it dee-lish, and cooks it faster to boot.. Don't forget the pan of water to catch the drippings, though.
The finished bird, slightly crispy due to being left on the grill too long but still very moist and tasty.


Mom's famous homemade brie. Yum.




Gracey looking mopey, as usual. Maybe it's because she got no table scraps.
Sous chef Emily being a goof.
Delicious turkey! Carved by Mom, because no one else dared do it.
Stuffing! ...I don't think we ever actually stuffed the turkey with it, though
Mom's squash souffle
Emily's and my contribution, sweet potatoes topped with a goat cheese-dried cranberry-pecan salsa. It was the hit of the dinner, everyone raved about it. She'll get you the recipe later!

Asparagus salad with sweet balsamic vinaigrette, because my sister won't eat green beans.

Emily's plate

Great success! Looking forward to Thanksgiving next year... at Emily's folks', perhaps?

1 comment:

  1. With any luck I'll be in Africa next Thanksgiving ... but Turkey Day '12, Chez Shinay for sure!!

    The Rosenfelds are great hosts; any holiday spent with them is a good time, and this was no exception! As Z promised, I will be sharing that stellar sweet potato recipe very soon.

    ReplyDelete